Log in
Log in

Flagger Frequently Asked Questions


Does the Delaware Safety Council assist with job placement?

The Delaware Safety Council provides the necessary training at the DSC Training Facility to become certified flagger.  Certified flaggers are encouraged to conduct a search online to locate placement agencies and/or companies that are seeking flaggers, as the Delaware Safety Council does not assist with job placement. 

Where can I purchase flagger equipment? 

Flagger equipment can be purchased at the following locations:

§  McDonald Safety Equipment Inc., 581 Copper Drive, Newport, DE  19804 - (302) 999-0151

§  Enterprise Flasher Company, 4 Hadco Road, Wilmington, DE  19804 - (302) 999-0856

Who should I contact is I lose my certification card? 

If you lose your certification card, you should contact ATSSA (American Traffic Safety Services Association) at 1(877) 642-4637. 

Is there a fee if I lose my certification card? 

ATSSA charges $10 to replace your certification card. 

In our region, in which states is my certification valid? 

The National certification is valid in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and additional states. However it is not accepted in Maryland. The state of Maryland requires a Maryland Flagger Certification which can be obtained through the Delaware Safety Council.  You can contact ATSSA to receive a complete list of states in which the certification is valid.  

Contact us

Address: 2 Penns Way, New Castle, DE 19720

Phone: +302-276-0660

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software